In the past, the physical data room was increasingly replaced by the virtual one. The reasons for this were the progressive digitization of processes and the development of global economic markets. So, what are the benefits of the virtual data room?
Virtual data rooms: trend or necessity?
Every day a business generates and processes a huge amount of information. Its volumes are growing exponentially and this creates new challenges for local IT system physical data repositories. That is why cloud servers are increasingly popular with corporate clients. Data room for business provides a certain amount of capacity (depending on the tariff), on which the client gets the opportunity to store his information, develop software or make calculations. It is convenient, practical, and, most importantly, safe, so a cloud server for business is an attractive opportunity for both small companies and international corporations.
A data room in the cloud, the price of which depends on the chosen tariff and server hardware specifications, provides customers with the following functionality:
- downloading documentation and its transfer;
- access to editing from multiple devices;
- ensuring communication between employees of the company;
- creating an archive with a complex structure and hierarchy;
- document management and accounting;
- the ability to filter, sort multi-level grouping of documents,
- automation of workflow and reporting,
- speeding up the terms of approval of documents,
- software development;
- data backup.
The transition to electronic document management in a secure data room is a necessary path to modern optimization of organizational management processes. Such a decision can lead to a complete or partial rejection of paper documentation, which has a positive effect on the speed and efficiency of the work of employees and managers of this enterprise.
What are the virtual data room benefits over physical one?
Storing data in the data room is equivalent to using physical media. However, business representatives can count on some additional preferences. So, digital data room ensures the following benefits:
- Security. The physical media can fail at any time. The hard drive or motherboard fails regularly, the problem that has arisen will prevent you from extracting the necessary information. Even if the data is retrieved, it will take additional time. If the physical media can fail at any time, then the information in the data center will remain available despite the failure. If a node fails, the load on the server is redistributed to other nodes, which prevents the system from crashing. Besides, a data room is a perfect solution for storing business-critical data. The software provides some security measures: data encryption, access rights control, watermarks, etc.
- External control. The responsibility for maintaining and protecting the stored data lies with the cloud service provider. Your employees are freed from several storage-related tasks, such as purchasing, installing, administering, and maintaining the data room.
- Implementation speed. Using data room services speeds up the process of setting up storage and expanding its capabilities. In other words, the cloud allows you to start using the purchased service in a few hours or days (depending on the required capacity).
- Scalability. One of the most frustrating limitations of local storage is the inability to expand. Cloud storage can be scaled as you like. Its capacity is practically unlimited.
- Uninterrupted work. Storing data in an external infrastructure can support uninterrupted operation in case of loss of access to local systems.